1) Create a poster about E-safety / Cyber bullying
2) Design a new set of icons / user interface for a mobile device - explain what each of the apps do and why they are required
3) Write a story about a student that gets shrunk and placed inside a computer, what do they see? what happening, what are the dangers? how do they escape?
4) Each student writes 2 / 3 computer related questions,collect them all in and run a whole class quiz
5) I have a box of computer hardware which students could label and discuss what each part does,
6) Students could create a A4 a flat version of a computer, drawing the various parts and connecting them to each other
7) Binary and Hexadecimal conversion and equations!!!
8) Create a problem page for computer issues, students could answer each others as the agony aunt!
9) Give students a set of commands FD, BK, RT, LT and they have to program another student to move around the room, how can the basic code be improved? Can they write a code that enables a student to move from any place in the room to a certain point?
10) Play a song that has instructions for example, The Clash, " should I stay or should I go?" Students create an algorithm for the various options, example below.